Introducing Shannon Groenendyk...Lodge gig...
Guest Services Manager
A Port Alberni girl...
Shannon is from Port Alberni so she isn’t too far from home here in Tofino. She came to Tofino looking for a fresh start and is sticking around for the freedom and opportunities as well as great guests and staff at Long Beach Lodge Resort.
For anyone visiting Tofino, Shannon recommends visiting Hot Springs Cove, taking a scenic trip in a float plane, or hiking along one of the many trails and beaches in the Park. And, of course, surfing and SUP (Stand Up Paddle Boarding). Tofino has so much to offer! When she is not out venturing on the wild west coast, she can be found at Sobo sipping on a Key Lime Margarita or at Jack’s Pub dancing the night away to live entertainment, which they have every weekend.
Shannon is an avid traveler and truly loves having the opportunity to interact with fellow travelers, sharing tales of adventure.
2 things most people don't know...
A couple of things not everyone knows about Shannon are that she has been to 15 countries in the past 2 ½ years and she is a famous musician in Colombia.
- Favourite colour: coral (or orangey red as she likes to call it)
- Favourite Band: Supertramp (she has met and hung out with Roger Hodgson!)
- Favourite Place: Hopkins Village, Belize
- Dream Job: International Food Critic – travelling around the world sampling local cuisines and sharing her experiences. Although she is very happy doing what she is doing now.
- Favorite thing to do in Tofino: Stand up Paddleboard!!!
- “Big Gulps Huh? Well, see ya later!"