As a Cook with Long Beach Lodge Resort, you are professionally committed to excellence in food preparation and presentation for all areas of the food and beverage team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in the development of new menus
- Ensures that proper sanitation techniques and Occupational Health & Safety standards are maintained at all times
- Ensures that food quality, presentation and consistency is maintained at all times
- Maintains efficient use of produce, portion controls and stock turnover to ensure food costs are kept in line to established budgets
- Effectively performs other related duties as directed by senior Kitchen personnel
- Works effectively at all work stations
- Accurately interprets and executes all food orders
- Prepares and serves sauces, condiments and garnishes to kitchen standards.
- Stocks and organizes work areas, fridges, freezers and storeroom.
- Maintains a clean, safe, hazard free work environment.
- Red Seal Certificate (Journey person paper’s)
- FOODSAFE certification
- Minimum one year cooking experience
- Energetic, creative and innovative with a strong attention to detail
- Assertive, professional and positive with a proven ability to lead by example
- Guest-service oriented and quality sensitive
Flexible, must be willing to work a variety of hours, including days, nights as well as weekends and holidays based on the business needs
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift for up to 8 hours
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending stairs
This position reports to the Executive Chef and Director of Food & Beverage
Qualified applicants should submit cover letter, resume and references to Ian Riddick, Executive Chef and Director of Food & Beverage