The Surf Club @ Long Beach LodgeSurfing has been a major pastime and lifestyle choice for many year-round Tofino residents. Now, more and more visitors are experiencing the joys of surfing on our wild West Coast. And best of all, Long Beach Lodge Resort is located right on Cox Bay Beach, one of the best surfing beaches in Canada!
Long Beach Lodge Resort's Surf Club Adventure Centre is a one-of-a-kind facility, a first in Canada, and it will set a new standard for the surfing world. This spa-like facility is open during the day to all visitors to the Tofino area who wish to experience the professional, customized surf instruction of the Resort's Surf Club. During the evening Resort guests will have exclusive access to the outdoor hot tub, sauna, showers and change rooms.
Tofino awarded BEST SURF TOWN in North America by Outside Magazine 2010
- booking centre for:
- on-site surf and SUP instruction & equipment rentals
- LBLR Marine Adventures... daily ocean excursions exclusive to Resort guests
- luxurious change rooms & showers with lockers
- in-ground outdoor hot tub
- cappuccino bar
- gift shop
The Surf Club at Long Beach Lodge Resort offers customized surf instruction, like no other. We are proud to say that it is the highest quality surf experience available in Tofino, with top quality gear.
Surf Club instruction is available for the young and old (ages six and up), beginners to experts. All our local instructors are certified by the Royal Lifesaving Society of Canada and personalize the lesson to your level. With Cox Bay Beach right on our doorstep and known world-wide for its quality beach break, why wouldn't you join the Club?
All our lessons are a private customized 2.5 hour lesson which means that you decide the pace and level of instruction. You are also able to decide the number of people in your lesson (maximum of 5 per instructor for ages 13+); arrangements can be made for larger groups. No hassles... it is the most efficient way to get into the water having fun! We help to alleviate the struggles that we all go through learning such a difficult unique sport and we provide all of the equipment you will need, right on-site.
Long Beach Lodge is known as “the lodge that surfs.” Come share the ocean with us.
now offering stand up paddleboarding (sup) lessons...
Surf Lesson Structure, Costs & Times...
All lessons are customized to suit your needs, however there are 3 basic types of lesson:
- The introductory lesson: For those new faces to the sport of surfing we offer the customized introductory lesson, for ages 13 and up. The introductory lesson includes, surfing technique, board positioning, surfing etiquette, how to catch you first wave, as well as beach and ocean safety. This lesson is great for those of you who have never surfed before but have watched with envy and thought it would be fun to try... It may be on your bucket list?
- The advanced lesson: For those of you experienced surfers we offer a customized advanced lesson for ages 13 and up. This custom lesson can go further in depth into the various equipment explanations, understanding weather systems and wave quality, choosing appropriate times and places to surf the highest quality waves, how to read and choose the best wave while in the water, appropriate surf etiquette and of course personal advice on your technique. This is the best way to improve your skills once you are comfortable surfing along the waves or want advice on your maneuvers.
- The pre-teen lesson: The pre-teen lesson is offered for children ages 6-12 wanting to try surfing. Safety is the utmost importance in this lesson. This lesson provides an instructor always with your child or children. This group is a maximum ratio of 1 coach to 2 students including adults (max. group size 4). Children will learn proper safety in and around the ocean, surfing technique and how to catch waves on their own.
|What an experience... I'm hooked! I couldn't stand sitting in the Great Room & watching the surfers any longer so signed up for a lesson with The Surf Club. Having never attempted this crazy sport, I really wasn't too sure what I was getting myself into but was told that I would be SAFE, WARM & have A TON OF FUN. It's all true! Imagine being warm while surfing in the cold waters of the Pacific Ocean in December! Try it... you'll get hooked too!!|
Lesson & Surf Equipment Rental Costs...
- $189 for a 2.5 hour private surf lesson for a group of up to 5 people
- $39 for equipment rentals for each person (includes board, wetsuit and booties)
- gratuities not included
- 10:00am daily (November to March)
- 10:00am & 2:00pm daily (March to June and September to October)
- 9:00am, 12:30pm, & 3:30pm daily (July to September)
- please note lessons are weather dependent
Capture the Memories... Souvenir Photography
Why not head home with a collection of professional digital photographs of your surfing experience? Photographer Marcus Paladino will be on-site to capture your surfing memories. Starting May 1, 2013, Marcus may be pre-booked for a full photographic package of your surf lesson, or you may meet at The Surf Club Adventure Centre at 5pm (subject to change - please confirm on the date of your lesson) to check out a slide show of ALL the days lessons. Group and individual photographs will be available for purchase at this time.
Cost (available starting May 1, 2013)...
- Full Photography Package: $49 (includes up to 10 digital photos)
- Group or Individual photos purchased at end-of-day slide show presentation: $20 each
Photographer Marcus Paladino was raised on Vancouver Island, and has been capturing moments since his early teens. After graduating from NIC's Professional Photography Program, he spent the summer here in Tofino and hasn't looked back since. Marcus' work can be found in various action sports publications, or on his website/blog.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.