Introducing Rob Renna...
Lodge gig...Accounting Manager
A foodie turned accountant who has immersed himself in the West Coast lifestyle...Originally from Cambridge, Ontario, Rob has always been involved in the restaurant world. As a young child, his love of food and service transpired as he spent his time working and learning in his grandparent’s restaurant. Rob then decided to venture out to the west-coast and has been working at LBL for the past 5 years, first as Restaurant Manager, and now Accounting Manager (a man of many & varied talents).
Rob is involved with various aspects of local life within the Tofino community. He has been a contender in the annual Box Parade, a DJ at the weekend hot spot, and helped organize Tofino’s 2010 Peace Fest, which was a peaceful, colourful, and musical event! Rob also enjoys the great outdoors and can often be found cruising his boat through Clayoquot Sound, hiking, and camping along the way. He has a happy-go-lucky attitude and can always be found enjoying life out on the wild West Coast.
Rob suggests you try...Scuba diving in Clayoquot Sound…to see first-hand how amazing and diverse our oceans are. Whether Rob is scuba diving, boating, or just taking in the view, he appreciates the importance of our surrounding waters.
- Hometown: Hespeler, Ontario
- Favourite Place on the West Coast: Taking in the amazing view from the top of Lone Cone Mountain
- Hidden Talents: He throws a ‘mean’ party!
- Nickname: DJ Tako (Rob once dressed up as a Taco at the annual Box Parade and the name just stuck!)
- Favourite Song: Africa, Toto
- To-Do List: Travel to India and Thailand | Fix up his float-house
- Favourite Food Memory: Eating at Profumo di Mare in Italy with family, enjoying amazing seafood and overlooking the Mediterranean Sea. This meal opened his eyes to the importance of simple, fresh, local ingredients.
- Last Words: “Thanks folks”
comments powered by Disqus