Long Beach Lodge Resort offers five tips for Tofino weddings
Following one of the more popular times in the year for proposals – during Christmas holidays - Long Beach Lodge Resort in Tofino, BC has received numerous inquiries from couples looking to plan beachfront weddings in 2015 and 2016 and, to help these couples, the Resort’s weddings and events team has prepared a list of five things to keep in mind when planning the big day.
Top 5 Tips for a Tofino, BC Wedding:
- Plan a pre-wedding visit: Although a site visit is not required, meeting with the wedding coordinator and having a tour of the property is always a good idea if possible. It helps to put couples at ease and helps them visualize their day. This is also a great opportunity to meet with other local vendors including photographers, hair and makeup artists, and florists. Besides, who doesn’t love an excuse to come to Tofino?
- Stay organized and enjoy the process: Don’t panic! Breathe, relax and have fun with the planning process. Buy an organizer or day planner specifically for your wedding to mark important dates or deadlines. Start your planning early and stay organized. Don’t forget the on-the-ground team is there to help throughout the entire process from planning to execution.
- Personalize your theme: Pastels, nude colours, and eco-friendly décor are in for 2015, which are all a perfect match for Tofino. Create uniqueness through invites, food, décor, music, and favors. Whether it’s a jar of your favourite tea for your wedding favours or framed pictures of your most memorable moments together, these will add a hint of personal touch.
- Bring your gumboots: Gumboots are an essential part of the, “Tofino Attire.” Not only will gumboots be functional for your wedding weekend, but they are a great prop for pictures! Choose a fun, bright colour that will really pop in your photos. Umbrellas can make a fun photo prop as well! Stuck on wedding party gifts? Might we suggest a pair of gumboots!
- Take the weather as it comes: There something special about exchanging your vows outdoors, whether on a patio or with your toes in the sand. More than 80 per cent of Long Beach Lodge Resort’s 2014 weddings took place outdoors; however, West Coast weather can be unpredictable. Don’t let a little rain bring you down on your wedding day; the rain is what contributes to Tofino’s beauty. It is important to have a backup location in case the weather does not cooperate or at the very least rent a tent. The Resort’s Great Room indoor ceremony venue allows couples to keep the gorgeous landscape of Cox Bay as their backdrop while sheltered from the elements.
For more information, visit www.longbeachlodgeresort.com or contact their events team or call toll-free 1.877.844.7873.
About Long Beach Lodge Resort
The visionary dream of owner Tim Hackett, and famous for its iconic Great Room, with spectacular ocean views and cozy fireside dining and relaxing, Long Beach Lodge Resort is home to one of the best surfing experiences in the area. Long Beach Lodge Resort is set right on the ocean beach of Cox Bay (one of Tofino’s best surfing beaches) and provides beautifully appointed accommodations in a private, wild Pacific West Coast setting. The resort offers 41 lodge rooms, 20 two-bedroom cottages and a full service dining room, as well as meeting space and instant beach access. The Resort also offers the Surf Club Adventure Centre, providing guests with a fully equipped centre complete with changing rooms, rentals, retail shop, hot tub and coffee bar. Long Beach Lodge Resort has been featured in Architectural Digest, and in 2014 became the first resort on Vancouver Island to receive more than 1,000 excellent Trip Advisor reviews.
comments powered by Disqus