Contest Rules & RegulationsQuest to 30,000 Contest | November 2012
1. The Long Beach Lodge Resort Double or Nothing, Quest to 30,000 Contest (the “Contest”) commences at 11:00 am (PT) on November 5, 2012 and concludes when 30,000 “likes” have been achieved on the Long Beach Lodge Resort Facebook page (the “Contest Period”). The Contest is brought to you Long Beach Lodge Resort (Long Beach Lodge Resort is referred to as the “Contest Sponsor”).
2. The Contest is open to all Canadian residents who have reached the age of majority at the time of entry. No purchase is necessary to enter the contest or to win a Grand Prize. Entry in the contest constitutes acceptance of the official rules & regulations as outlined here.
3. Notwithstanding the above, the Contest is not open to individuals associated with the contest, including the employees, agents or representatives of the Contest Sponsor (including their respective divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising or promotional agencies) and suppliers providing prizes or other materials or services in connection with this Contest (collectively, the Excluded Individuals”). This Contest is also not open to the immediate family members of the Excluded Individuals, and all other persons with whom the Excluded Individuals reside, and previous winners of any Long Beach Lodge Resort contest who have won a prize within the three (3) month period immediately preceding the Contest Period.
HOW TO ENTER
4. Eligible individuals must already “like” the Long Beach Lodge Resort Facebook Page (www.facebook.om/tofinobc) or “like” the Long Beach Lodge Resort facebook page during the contest period outlined in paragraph 1 and then “Enter to Win” to be entered for a chance to win a Grand Prize or the individual free nights awarded each time the Long Beach Lodge Resort Facebook page achieves 200 more “Likes”. See paragraph 6 for Grand Prize details. The contest will be promoted on the Long Beach Lodge Resort website, on Facebook, on Twitter, and in print advertisements (Vancouver Sun, Times Colonist) throughout the entire contest period.
5. No purchase is required to enter the contest or to win one of two Grand Prizes. The individual free nights awarded with each 200 new “Likes” achieved on Facebook, are for use on future stays and require a minimum 2 night stay to be valid.
THE GRAND PRIZE
6. There are two (2) Grand Prizes to be won during the Contest Period. Each Grand Prize consists of one (1) getaway for two (2) to Long Beach Lodge Resort in Tofino with an approximate value of $1800 Cdn. The Grand Prize is more specifically described as follows:
Three nights luxurious accommodation (double occupancy) at Long Beach Lodge Resort in Tofino, BC in a deluxe beachfront room in the Lodge, a complimentary surf lesson and equipment rentals (for 2) with the Resort’s Surf Club (weather & surf permitting), a complimentary Private Marine Adventure with the Resort (weather & season permitting), one dinner for two in the Resort’s beachfront dining room and daily continental buffet breakfasts.
The Grand Prize is valid from the date of being awarded to April 30, 2013 and is subject to availability and cannot be used during any Canadian Statuatory Holiday periods.The prize cannot be exchanged, transferred, or substituted for cash. The winner has to respect the validity dates of the promotion. No extensions permitted. It is the winner’s and his/her guest’s responsibility to provide for any additional expenses not included in the Grand Prize as described herein, including, but not limited to all incidentals, additional meals, insurance (ie. health, travel, car) gratuities, in-room movies, taxis, transportation and hotel accommodation between the winner’s home and Long Beach Lodge Resort.
GRAND PRIZE WINNER ANNOUNCEMENTS
7. One of Long Beach Lodge Resorts followers (“likes”) that has entered the contest will be randomly drawn once 30,000 “likes” have been achieved on the Long Beach Lodge Resort Facebook page. The second Grand Prize will be awarded to the individual who referred the first Grand Prize winner to “Like” the Contest Sponsor page.
8. In order to be declared a winner by the Contest judges, a potential winner must be in compliance with these Official Contest Rules and Regulations and, in particular, the following:
8.2 The potential winner must correctly answer, unaided and within a set timeframe, a mathematical skill testing question administered by a Long Beach Lodge employee by telephone.
8.3 The potential winner must be of legal age as expressed in paragraph 2.
8.4 The potential winner must complete, sign and return a standard form declaration and release prepared by Long Beach Lodge within ten (10) days from the date on which the form is sent to the potential winner.
10. Each declared winner consents to the Contest Sponsors’ use of his/her name, photograph, voice, statement and image for any publicity or programming purposes, in all media, without remuneration, throughout the world in perpetuity.
11. Entrants will not be individually contacted, except for selected entrants or declared winners, who will be contacted by email (if possible) and on the Long Beach Lodge Resort website at www.longbeachlodgeresort.com
12. The decisions of the Contest judges are final, and entrants agree to abide by all of the instructions and decisions of the Contest judges. In the event of any dispute regarding the interpretation of these Official Contest Rules and Regulations or any decision rendered by the Contest judges, the decision or interpretation of the Contest judges shall prevail.
13. All entries become the sole property of, and are subject to verification by Long Beach Lodge. Any entry that is illegible, incomplete, altered, or contains false information, is invalid. The use of any automated equipment to participate in this Contest is prohibited.
14. Any attempt to tamper with the entry process, interfere with these Official Contest Rules and Regulations, deliberately damage any website or undermine the administration, security or legitimate operation of the Contest, is a violation of criminal and civil laws and the Contest Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages and/or other relief from all persons responsible for such acts to the fullest extent permitted by law, which may include banning or disqualifying entrants from this and future Long Beach Lodge Resort contests.
15. The Contest Sponsor assume no responsibility for: entries lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected, or for the failure, interruption or delay of any email or other communication to be received, for any reason; problems with the function of any website or website feature howsoever caused; the malfunction of, or damage caused to, any telephone network or lines, computer equipment, data or software, online systems, servers or access providers; any functionality lost due to not having cookies enabled; traffic congestion on the Internet; the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks; or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers”.
16. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute any component of a prize for its cash value or a prize of approximately the same retail value. Prizes are non-transferable, must be accepted as awarded by Long Beach Lodge and cannot be exchanged by a declared winner for cash or other substitutes. The refusal by an entrant to accept any prize releases and forever discharges the Contest Sponsor and their agents of all obligations related to the prize including delivery.
17. Long Beach Lodge Resort reserve the right, at its sole discretion and without prior notice, to amend, cancel, close, suspend or reinstate this Contest at any time and for any reason whatsoever.
18. By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these Official Contest Rules and Regulations, which are subject to change without notice to Contest entrants individually, and each entrant releases the Contest Sponsor, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents and advertising and promotional agencies, from any damage, loss or liability suffered as a result of or arising from the entrant’s participation in the Contest or the use of any prize.
19. The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
20. The Contest and these Official Contest Rules and Regulations shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of British Columbia. Any dispute shall be adjudicated in the courts sitting in Vancouver, British Columbia.
P.O Box 897
1441 Pacific Rim Highway
Tofino, BC V0R 2Z0
The information you provide, including name and contact information, will not be sold or distributed in any manner and will be used solely by Long beach Lodge Resort . Long beach Lodge Resort reserves the right to use all participants’ images including, but not limited to, Facebook profile images. Long beach Lodge Resort reserves the right to post said images on the longbeachlodgeresort.com website, when announcing winners. Participation in the contest is entirely voluntary.
By accepting and/or using prize, winner consents to the use of his/her name, voice and/or likeness for the purpose of advertising, trade, or promotion without further compensation, unless prohibited by law and upon request will provide such consent in writing.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. By entering this sweepstakes, you agree to a complete release of Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to Long Beach Lodge Resort and not to Facebook.